Monday, December 15, 2008

Of glow sticks and whistling tea kettles

SHE'S BAAAAAACK. I heard the voice, Jason heard the voice. We could no longer live in denial when I saw the bright white outfit with neon accessories. Old Lady Candy Raver is here for season. Argh.

Before she moved in next door, she was simply the nutty and sweet old lady who dressed like a six year old with flourescent pink and green pigtails. But last season when she moved in next door and started singing loud church songs and letting her tea kettle whistle for upwards of half an hour (thought we might need to go poke her with a stick to see if she was still alive), it became much less funny and way more real. She saw Jason and I getting into our car yesterday and asked us if we were going to church. NO. And she was wearing white socks with psychadelic bright birkenstocks. I usually pick up hitch-hikers (with exception), but when I saw her this past Saturday I drove right on by and said "HELL NO" out loud twice.

2 comments:

rain said...

Oh dear. Lousy neighbors S-U-C-K. However, I don't know what it would be like to hate a crazy old lady that had girlhood issues...the other day I saw a lady that was pretty smokin' from the back. Cute figure, clothes, shoes, hair...and then she turned around and her face was like, 80 years old. It. Was. TERRIFYING. I'm thinking that when you're old, you're old--just go with it. And put the fluorescents away.

lani Keller said...

Ha ha...hell no is right lady!! That is fucking hilarious. So much neon. Is she stuck in the 80s?! You should ask her if she likes the Journey or maybe The New Kids. You should start singing 80s back to her church songs.

-lk