Thursday, January 22, 2009

Alas...

Yeah, not much from me lately. Just don't want to bore my 2 readers with stories about idiotic tourists and daily work life. But here are a few notes of interest...

-Sadie is coming to visit! And so is my mom! 2 weeks each, and it will rock. Even if our 'hallway' gets a bit cramped.

-Bought tickets to Lani's wedding in Alaska this summer, which will be amazing to enjoy during the solstice. BTW Lando...not sure if you were serious about me giving the speech, but I'm coming up with sort of a 'Cheers/speech' instead, which would be a little more my style and less nerve-racking. Also get to hang with cousin Ryan and little Will and do all sorts of outdoorsy things which Alaska is known for. Cannot wait!

-I am once again on the gala committee for the Friends of the Virgin Islands National Park. This year, the party is at the MOST exclusive villa on St. John that was just listed for sale for $32 million. It will be fabulous and fun, and rest assured, I will be drinking my share and more of Veuve Clicquot. Here's a link to the villa, Presidio del Mar, which also rents for $4,600 a night!

-Barack Obama is president, and I really did not realize I would be so thrilled!

-I just bought a king size Heavenly bed set, which for anyone who is stayed at a Sheraton/Weston/W/St. Regis understands it is the most amazing bed EVER. Thank god for work discounts saving me a good thousand off the price.

-Seems as though I will be summering in Seattle. I am glowing with anticipation of the gorgeous NW and all my friends. And the music scene. And the affordable groceries. And and and.....

-Just in case you think everything is coming up roses, there are those pesky tourists again. I really can't stand them. Seriously. They walk down the middle of the road, they don't seem to realize that they are OUTSIDE the U.S. and not everything is 'perfect' like their beloved country, they think they're the only people who exist in the whole universe, they wear stupid clothes, they drive on the wrong side of the road, they act as if they're getting drunk for the first time, they are disrespectful of local culture. I could keep going, but won't.

Instead, I leave you with these. Pics from my December trip w/ co-workers to Coral World on St. Thomas, where we played w/ sealions and got stung by some nasty old jellyfish. Love the pic w/ Jamie getting the sealion face slap.

4 comments:

Tor said...

What an adventerous life you lead. I am especially jealous of getting to play with the sealion. Please let me know when you are in Seattle. It is a short drive up from Portland and I would love to see you for an afternoon. I think it's been 15 years? :)
--Leah

Tor said...

P.S. Just looked at the villa website. I will start saving my $4600 now, for just one night of heaven on earth.
(i'm using my husband's email)
Leah (again)

lani Keller said...

Thanks for the updates! A cheers is absolutely appropriate. I think that everything and anything should be okay at the wedding!! I can't wait to see you!!! Those pics are amazing. I want to play with sea lions!

loves!

rain said...

Moriah! Tell Sadie I said, Hello--you guys will have so much fun together. I'm so jealous of all your travels...I want to jet around the country to be with friends and just celebrate. I'm actually really wishing that I could go to Alaska. And you'll give a marvelous speech, full of your wicked humor and eloquent compliments. Lani I'm sure knows she's in good hands with you. You bought a new bed? I've only been begging Jeff for a new one for the last five years. AND, 4,600 dollars blown in one night? I mean, yes, it's beautiful, but I have to wonder what kind of people think that's an affordable rate--and if they've ever heard of philanthropy, instead.