Friday, June 24, 2011

Baby, baby, baby, babybabybabybabybaby!!!

What has happened here?! Seriously. Was there something in the air last September? I know I certainly wasn't feeling particularly inspired or excited, or like I needed to jump in with both feet and completely change my life for FOREVER.

There are so many new June babies that I cannot even keep track. It seems like every day I look at Facebook there is a new baby or 2...some I expected with great anticipation, others I had no clue about.

Waverly, Michael, Theo, Sayenna, Max, Hattie, Bex. The sad thing is that I know I am forgetting some. But there are also at least 3 more coming in the next few days. Is this ridiculous?

Let's just focus in on two extra important ones here...a MAJOR congrats for the highly anticipated little addition to the Hambly/Kaufmann family for little Miss Hattie West Kaufmann. This baby will certainly entertain her peers and never be at a loss for engaging conversation if she takes after her lovely parents. Can't wait to meet her.

And the baby that brings the most excitement for me in my life is little Bex. The first of my girls to have a baby! (Rainey...you know you were really the first, but that was a long time ago and you are now a seasoned pro; we are just novices heading into marriage/baby-some-day land around here). I am an AUNTIE! I want to be with that gorgeous little munchkin all day every day and I haven't even met him yet. Hell, I don't even know if he has a middle name or what his last name is. I just know he is my new favorite little baby and he has a very special place in my heart, just like his mother Lani. I just want to squash little Bex with love.

*Added side note: I am the baby birthdate psychic. I wanted Hattie to be born on my sister Laura's birthday. She was. I wanted Bex to be born on my nephew Landon's birthday. He was. Both took an extra week or so of occupancy to make this happen, but I thank you, wee ones. You have excellent birthdays.

Baby fever...no doubt about it. Makes me happy. See, it even made me update this old boring blog.

3 comments:

rain said...

Congrats on all the babies!!! Congrats to Lani! If there is one thing that makes me happy, that I never thought really would, it's seeing little squishy cheeks and hands and thighs. (On babies--I should have specified). Their smells, and their sounds, and how they snuggle; they're truly fantastic. And no offense taken, my babies aren't really babies anymore. So I have to live vicariously through other baby-makers. Speaking of which, I think that maybe YOU should make ME an Auntie, Moriah. I think it's about time. So, you might want to get on that.

lani Keller said...

Eeep!! How did I miss this post?!? I love love love it. I'm so happy that Bex has so many wonderful aunties in his life <3

xox,
lani

lani Keller said...

EEEP!! How in the world did I miss this post?!? I have been so nostalgic for my Molove lately and this post brought a wee tear to my eye. Bex and I love this shit out of you!

xox,
Lani