Monday, January 25, 2010

Hot-lanta

So I had my first official trip to the South this weekend, but I must say, it was hardly a 'Southern Experience'. In fact, the only time I got a breath of fresh air was when I got into and out of the taxi on the way from and to the airport. Ah well, another day.

My time in Atlanta was spent SHOPPING. Seriously, hardcore shopping. It was kind of fun, and although it was for someone else's store, we got a lot of stuff to get excited about. Also quite psyched about getting a huge discount when these things arrive on St. John. But it is also quite annoying to have to be cruising along to another's whims. Especially since we have totally different ideas about style and priorities. It was really exhausting. So exhausting that I did not get to see my friend Caroline who I haven't seen since we lived in South Africa. Sadness. I just couldn't bring myself to move or speak after a day of intense running around.

But I decided to use this trip to also network for myself. I found a ton of awesome contacts for great boutique things, and it has made me soooo very excited to start my own thing. At some point. Back in Seattle. Or near there anyway.

Although it was totally annoying to have to share a room with the store owner and her teenage daughter, deal with their obnoxious travel habits (yes, she is the person who runs right up to block everyone's way while they try to board the plane instead of sitting and waiting for her seat to be called; and she also had a freak-out while landing in St. Thomas that meant several flight attendants having to attend to her....ACK!), and get exhausted to the point of illness, it was an awesome trip! Now I want to go back and actually EXPERIENCE the real South. Another day, or more likely another year.

4 comments:

lani Keller said...

We should definitely all meet up in the south sometime for a ridiculous time with hush puppies and BBQ and spiked iced tea.

xo,
lani

rain said...

Oh. My. Goodness. For some reason, though I hate flying...I love seeing people and their damn freakouts. It's like seeing animals go at it in the zoo--only less civilized. I just can't turn away. And I LOVE shopping! I can't even imagine what it would be like to be so physically exhausted from shopping that I actually had to lie down and just sleep. Um, I think that's my idea of heaven. However, it would be annoying to be limited to someone else's vision of fashion. (Especially if it isn't that great). But, when you DO get your own little retail creation, let me know. Cause it's gonna be excellent.

Leah said...

I have to admit that I'm tired just reading that entry. Shop til you drop? At one point I thought that was fun. I think that these days lack of money combined with fatness has given me an aversion to shopping. Although with someone elses money I think I could gird myself for the event.

Anonymous said...

que te folle un pony