Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Swinging Doors

Yays and Nays galore in life.

Major HUGE YAAAAY to Obama becoming president. This is definitely a great moment in our nation's history.

Another Yay to a great Halloween weekend, including a Saturday night house party at our friend Jim Weller's newly built home. He is a master woodcrafter and has done the most exquisite job on this place he's built from scratch. I am totally coveting it.

Major serious NAY to everyone's favorite island personality, Lindy, dying yesterday. I cannot even attempt to explain this character, but he was adored by all. Sadly, he'd been circling the drain for awhile, so this is really no surprise. He may have the biggest funeral St. John has ever seen. He was everyone's Lindy.

Nay also to the fact that I have encountered the 2 most repugnant smells EVER today. I am not being at all melodramatic. They were permeate-your-nostril-and-stick-like-herpes bad.

Life is such a roller coaster.

2 comments:

lani Keller said...

I love you!
Yay for Obama!
Nay for Lindy, your nose, and proposition 8 passing in CA (ban on sam-sex marriages)!

The giant Rainbow flag in the castro flew half-mast yesterday...boo.

rain said...

I'm pretty sad about prop. 8 passing as well. So many people, so unrecognized. Sad.

Two of the worst smells ever? That's actually a record day. I don't know if I've ever smelled something above and beyond terrible. But I'm sure I'll know when I do.

It snowed yesterday, and felt like Christmas. It felt like change and chance. Things are gonna look up, just you wait.