Monday, April 14, 2008

My island weekend

A commendation to those friends who have made it to this little island paradise in the 3+ years I've been here, and a rattle to the cages of those who have not. Here is a little insight into my simple existence. Not a thrilling post, as my life is certainly far from that, just a little idea of how I live down here.

This weekend I was fortunate enough to have 2 days off in a row. It also happe
ned that they were actual weekend days. So here is what I did:

Saturday...after the mission of doing laundry, I drove over to visit my friend Nancy in Coral Bay where she bartends at Aqua Bistro.




I got to hang out with my friend Marvin and his brother Bre. They were testing my brain with riddles and puzzles after I was a few drinks in, which made me feel a bit stupid.


And then...a road beer for the ride back to Cruz Bay. Here is a view overlooking Coral Bay from the drive home. It has been so brown and dead. Ready for this dry season to g
et over. Still has a little charm.


A little nap followed by a dinner out with the ladies made for a super duper Saturday. And then Sunday...

We decided to celebrate our friend Jess's 30th a few weeks late since we couldn't make it to the original party. Jason and I had brunch with her and her girls Vanessa and Briana, then off to Gibney Beach for some sun and cocktails.

2 comments:

lani Keller said...

What a fantabulous weekend....it seemed lovely. I miss you bunches and bunches and bunches.

rain said...

MO-RI-AH! I'm wishing right now that I could see the all the little niches of your island. It's cold here, it's blowing, and it's overly snowing. Canada, Baby. Gotta love it. Or not. I'm wishing I was there right now.