Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Hell on wheels





I knew I was in trouble the other day when I offered a hitch-hiking drunken boatie from Coral Bay a ride and he refused. I saw him later in town and was like...You too good for my car?! Yes, of course he was. He may be a weathered old sailor, but he didn't want to risk his life by getting a ride in our quintessential island car. He told me I needed to have people sign waivers before getting in. I first thought that I might list things that are wrong with my car, but the list really is WAY too long. Just know that you better tell me how much you love and appreciate me, because at any given moment there are several ways I could die by being in this hunk of junk. A short list: the drivers seat is about to fall through the floor due to rust (our feet get splashed when we drive through puddles), the brakes are too rusty and stuck to be replaced (and we have some serious hills here), and our axel is so cracked it could literally be pulled apart. I have visions of something finally snapping and my little body careening off a cliff. So here are some pictures of my '95 Suzuki. Note the shrunken top, lack of windows, broken front passenger seat, ubiquitous rust, missing paint and dents, and OH! maybe 3 or 4 Christmas trees that have been in there for months.

3 comments:

chira said...

O M G

lani Keller said...

That is a beautiful picture-perfect island car. I will now have nightmares of you and Jason. You need to get the 'F' back here into civilization.

rain said...

Moriah, I love you, and you are very dear to me. I want this to be your mantra each and every time you drive anywhere. I agree with the previous comment in that you seriously need to get back to civilized living and get some sort of vehicle that isn't an abomination to all forms of transportation.

When the drunken sailors aren't even up for it, you know you gotta make some changes. I think that applies to any situation.