Saturday, June 14, 2008

Hot hot hot!

Well, it is that time of year. Is it summer yet? The seasons all pretty much run together around here in the tropics, except that it is starting to get REALLY WARM. I remember when I moved here in January of 2005 and laughed when some of the locals warned me how much hotter it would get, but now I'm living it once again. Not till November will there be any relief. It is so hot that I cannot sleep under covers and I still sweat all through the night (yuck), and when I'm awake...still sweating ALL THE TIME. If you want a little more perspective, think of how hot and muggy Florida may be, and then think that the Virgin Islands are a thousand miles south. A thousand miles closer to the Equator. Toasty.

But, on the up and up...this very moment is the beginning of my 3 day weekend with a boat trip tomorrow to the BVIs. AND, my work is going really well. Finally! I am back on the property at the Westin doing the marketing, and it is just sooo much more me. I can't believe I left this same job almost 2 years ago and it took me this long to get back into it. Only downside is customer service. I hate customer service. And when you work at a 5 star resort where people come down from the states expecting stateside service, there are a lot of issues to deal with. I feel like yelling at people sometimes...CHILL OUT! Go get a drink and it will all be okay! I could rant on tourists for a long time, but I will refrain for the moment. Time for a nap to get this weekend off to the right start.

2 comments:

rain said...

I would die. DIE I tell you! It's been up in the 90's here, chilly for what you're used to, I'm sure. But for me, I melt..and remember my constant sweating problems? Rainey-Pit stainy? Yeah, it's still a problem...more so that I'm pregnant. I would lose 90% of my 70% of water, through my armpits. It would be too ugly.

lani Keller said...

Sweaty sheets....yum!

-lani