Monday, June 16, 2008

Just another day in paradise

A big thanks to Captain Kevin of Born to Rhumb for providing the boat, and to the Connections ladies who decided that Jason and I are now part of their family, and thus were able to enjoy a day trip to Jost Van Dyke in the British Virgin Islands. We were the youngest by quite a few years, so we were also the drunkest. Although we hit a lot of the same spots as on our last boat trip (Foxy's Taboo, the bubbling pool), I was thrilled to get to Ivan's as I had never actually been there before and was friends with his son Bully before he died a few years back. What an amazing spot he has! Boat trips are one thing I will really miss when I eventually move from here. Check the pics...
Jason striking a pose on the tire swing at Ivan's.

I love this place...shells and coral on any and all surfaces

A cat that is really into eating mayo



Cool conch entrance at Ivan's
The bubbling pool, Jason and his harem

A seaweed toupe

The nice warm water in front of Ivan's and our boat in the background

I like the botton sentence...at Foxy's while checking in at customs


World Famous Foxy'sMangroves on our walk to the bubbling pool

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I could get into the whole boat trip thing. Easily.

rain said...

I totally agree with Sandra. I'm sooo jealous. The only thing that makes me okay with the unfairness that is my life compared to yours: the pregnant part. No way would I feel comfortable on a boat right now, trying extra hard to keep any sort of food down, and knowing that if it were to sink, my body weight would totally be helping. However, when this kid has officially been popped out, I'm going to be hating it that your life is so fabulous, and mine is just...the everyday crap.