Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ick

We've had a bit of a roach infestation at the restaurant where I "work" (drink wine, hang out, eat good food) one night a week. No real surprise here in the tropics. But I definitely reached a whole new level the other night. Tourists just don't really get the whole bug thing, you know? As I was seating a couple a roach was on their table. I quickly mooshed it with my finger and freaked out and started wiping it on the underside of the table. I know they didn't notice, and I'm hoping no other customers were looking either. In the few years I've lived here, I've killed a number of ants and small spiders with my bare fingers, but a cockroach? Yuck. Hopefully that will be the last time.

3 comments:

rain said...

I'm used to seeing different insects or/and arachnids being squished by fingers, via Donna. However, a cockroach? Bleck. I got the shudders. You're right though. I'm sure I totally would have freaked out, not being used to island life and it's natural pests, you know.

chira said...

sick.

lani Keller said...

You have hands of steel. Icky molove...ikcy!

-lani